We’re excited about our new podcast, Chile Pods!
About Chile Pods
We’ll be sharing short stories from published New Mexico authors.
What are we looking for?
Fiction stories that draw the listener in. Stories with a beginning, middle and clear ending.
- You must live in or have close ties to New Mexico.
- You must be a published writer (Published to a magazine, newspaper, journal, novel, short story and self-published counts!)
- This season, we are looking for short pieces that are anywhere from 390 to 4000 words.
- All submitted work must be your own
- Extracts of larger works are fine as long as the work you are submitting can stand on its own.
- Pieces that have already been published in written form are okay to submit, as long as they have not been published in audio format. You can submit the same piece to other audio publications at the same time, but we ask that you withdraw your submission from us immediately when it is accepted elsewhere.
- Only submit one piece per month.
What we don’t accept:
- Fan fiction
- Gratuitous sex and violence
- Works that infringe on other copyright holders
- Libelous work
Submissions are now open!
Preparing your submission
- Before you get ready to submit it to us, read it out loud! Have someone else read it. And then edit it.
- Submit as a Word document
- First and last name clearly marked on the top of the document.
- Only one work per Word document.
- Formatted in Times New Roman, 12 point and double-spaced.
- Title of your piece should be clearly marked at the top
- Please name your file with your first name and last name, followed by the name of your work. E.g. janesmith_thedesert
Email the submission
Email your submission to Plotduckies@gmail.com
Subject of email: Chile Pods
Content of email:
- A SHORT blurb about you – where you live, what you like to write, your connection to New Mexico
- Where to find your published works with a link to website
- And attach your story
Elisabeth and I (Sonja) look forward to seeing what you’re writing!